Sunday 31 August 2008

A day at Evesham Dogs Trust

We've been out all day at the Evesham Dogs Trust open day, there was all sorts of things to see and do, loads of lovely stalls selling yummy scrummy treats, classes to enter and other things to do too. Sue Barker had just come back from the Olympics to open the show, and Wellard (from Eastenders) was there too, so all you Eastenders fans, he (well he's a she really) didn't die.

Sally: I entered a 'dog dash' competition and I did it in 10 seconds


Jasper: What sillySally has ommited to tell you is that she stopped halfway (after she'd heard Neil, mum's son-in-law shout 'come on Sal') ran back a few strides then continued so they kindly knocked 2 seconds off her time, she really took 12 seconds. Hmmm, next it was my turn and I did it in 8.15 seconds.


Sally: Well you've got longer legs than me!

Jasper: then I did the agility course in 35.02 seconds, with no faults, Sally didn't want to do that cos she knew I'd show her up.


Sally: That's not right, I was preparing myself for another attempt at the 'dog dash' I did it in 5.45 seconds this time.


Jasper: I entered the most Handsome dog, but there were lots of very handsome dogs, so I didn't win anything, then Sally entered for the pretiest bitch, but she didn't win either, but our mum thinks we're the best anyway, so it doesn't matter.
I then entered the 'most appealing eyes', the judge liked me so I got a white rossette with 5th on.


Sally: Huh! all you had to do was look at the judge and flutter your white eye lashes, my next class was far harder, it was the 'most obedient past distractions', I had to walk past loads, like toys and bowls with food in and bags that rustled, I was a very good girl and got a yellow 3rd rossette.


We had a great day, there were loads and loads and loads of dogs with their mums and dads, and all the money from everything we entered went to the Dogs Trust, so we were helping other not so lucky dogs.






























We are both really tired now so are going to have a good rest.

3 comments:

Gus, Louie and Callie said...

We would have picked you both for the best dog award.. You have our vote every time.. It was all for a good cause so maybe next time..

Big Sloppy Kisses
Gus, Louie and Callie

Cassidy said...

Aw, well done you two! I think it's a scandal that you didn't win the prettiest girl and handsomest girl though!

Nibbles
Cassidy x

Katherine and Pippa said...

Oh what a fun day out. I am sure I would not have won any awards. Apart from Chase The Cat. Was there a Chase The Cat competition?

Pippa