Monday 11 August 2008

Welcome Jasper

My peeps were very very sad when Harry left for Rainbow Bridge in May, my mum lost her very bestest friend, and she cried and cried lots, I tried to comfort her but I was very sad too cos Harry gave me confidence, and I was scared without him.
Mum knew Harry wouldn't want us to be sad as he was always happy, and he'd be proud of her if she gave another lost soul the chance he'd had, so she started looking at rescue centres on the internet.
One day she saw Jasper's information, he'd been looking for a forever home for 16 months, nobody wanted him because he was BIG, middle aged, and came with an 'agressive' tag. When we went to see him he looked like a big teddy bear, I liked him (which mum said was the main thing), and the people at the Dogs Trust said they'd seen no agression in him in all the 16 months he'd been there, so after the formal paperwork etc. we adopted him a week later.
He is a very good 'brother' to me and is helping us all cope without our beloved Harry.
This is me with my dadpeep and Jasper bigdog

4 comments:

Jackson's J1 and J2 said...

Hello pals, how lucky for Jasper that he found a new home with you. Looking forward to reading about your antics! Jx

Jake of Florida said...

We didn't know what to expect when we saw the comment from Little Sal and Jasper Big Dog -- but now that we've read the great news, we're very happy for you!!!

Welcome Jasper!!! We hope you'll visit from time to time and we'll do the same.

Jake and Just Harry

Katherine and Pippa said...

Hiya both

Good to see you have your own blog, nice that Harry gets to keep his own space.

Hope to read lots more from you two and get to know more about you.


Pippa

Cassidy said...

Well done to your mum and dad for giving Jasper a great home. He looks like he'll be a great big brother to you Sally, and Harry will be keeping an eye on you all too.

Cassidy x